Antasone cream is a white uniform
Each gram contains:
Betamethasone valerate ... 1 mg (Base)
Gentamicin sulfate ... 1 mg (Potency)
Following topical application, corticosteroids produce anti-inflammatory,
antipruritic and vasoconstrictor actions, while Gentamicin is usually
bactericidal in action.
Following topical application of a corticosteroid to most areas of normal
skin, only minimal amounts of the drug reach the dermis and subsequently the
systemic circulation; however, absorption is markedly increased when the
skin has lost its keratin layer and can be increased by inflammation and/or
diseases of the epidermal barrier (e.g. psoriasis, eczema).
Although the exact mechanism of action of Gentamicin has not been fully
elucidated, the drug appears to inhibit protein synthesis in susceptible
bacteria by irreversibly binding to 30S ribosomal subunits.
1. Allergic and inflamed dermatitis: acute eczema, chronic eczema, contact
dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, seborrheioc dermatitis, chronic lichen
simplex, intertrigo, desquamative dermatitis, urticaria papulosa, psoriasis,
prurtius itching (anus, pudenda), solar dermatitis.
2. It is used in the treatment of impetigo, erythema and other localised
primary bacterial infection with a gram-negative component and also for
secondary bacterial infections complicating other pre-existing dermatoses.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
A small amount of Antasone cream should be applied to the lesion one to
several times daily.
Antasone cream is contraindicated as follows:
1. Tuberculosis of the skin, herpes simplex, varicella, herpes zoster,
2. Patients with a history of hypersensitivity to this drug.
3. Eczematoid external auditory meratusitis with drum membrance perforation.
4. Ulcer(Behcet's syndrome), burn of second-degree or more perfrigeration.
5. Patients with a history of hypersensitivity to aminoglycosides
antibiotics; streptomycin, kanamycin, gentamicin, neomycin etc. or
1. Pregnancy : Because the safety has not been established in pregnant
women, pro-longed use or large amounts of this drug should be avoided in the
treatment of pregnant women.
2. Do not administrate for opthalmic use.
Use of topical Gentamicin preparation in closed
hospital setting is actively discouraged.
1. Skin infection : Mycotic infection(candidiasis, trichophytosis),
bacterial infection (infectious impetigo, folliculitis) can occur. When
these symptoms occur, especially in case of occiusive dressing, use together
adequate antifungal agent or antibacterial agent and then the symptoms are
not developed fast, discontinue use.
2. Other skin symptoms : In case of long-term administration, steroidal
vulgaris (it is similar to acne vulgaris but induce white acnes), steroidal
skin (skin atrophy, teleangiectasia), steroidal rosacea namely dermatitis
mouth surrounding(erythema, teleangiectasia, crust, on mouth surrounding or
occasionally full face), petechia, hypertrichosis, depigmentation may occur,
when these symptoms occur, reduce amount and choose other drug without
3. Hypersensitivity : When irritation or rash occur, discontinue use.
4. Pituitary, adrenal cortex : A large amount or long-term administration
and occlusive dressing may inhibit the function of pituitary, and adrenal
5. Eye: In case of administration to eye lid can occur intra-ocular
pressure acceleration, glaucoma. By a large amount or long term
administration and occlusive dressing, cataract and glaucoma may occur.
6. Superinfection : Occasionally infection of unsusceptive bacteria to
this drug may occur, in this case, discontinue use.
7. Forbid long term administration because nephrotoxicity and dysacousis
Store in a tight container at
room temperature(30°C)or below.
10g tube and 450g jar.