Econazine is a water-miscible,
white cream, which contains the antifungal and anti-inflammatory agent.
Each gram contains:
Econazole Nitrate 10 mg (1%)
Triamcinolone Acetonide 1 mg (0.1%)
Methyl Paraben 1 mg
Propyl Paraben 1 mg
1. Econazole Nitrate has high fungicidal and bactericidal activity.
2. Triamcinolone Acetonide has excellent anti-inflammatory, anti-pruritic,
Indicated for the topical treatment of inflammatory dermatoses where
infected by susceptible organisms co-exist eg. inflammatory fungal
infections and infective eczema.
Dosage and Administration
Apply lightly over the affected area several times daily, for 14 days.
Precaution(s) / Warning(s)
1. It should not be used on tubercular or luetic skin infection or on viral
diseases (eg. herpes, vaccinia, varicella).
2. It should not be administered to patients who have previously exhibited
hypersensitivity to Imidazole or corticosteroids.
3. Long-term continuous steroid therapy should be avoided since adrenal
suppression can occur, particularly when infants or children are treated or
when occlusive dressing is applied. Long-term therapy with corticosteroids
can cause skin lesions such as atrophy, telangiectasia and striae.
Side Effect(s) / Adverse Reaction(s)
Transient local mild irritation at the application site and
Symptoms and Treatment for Overdosage, and Antidote(s)
Overdosage in humans has not been reported to date.
3 years from the date of manufacture.
Keep in an air tight container. Store at temperature below 30°C. Protect
from light and moisture.